Tell us about you and your business:
I opened the doors to Allison Louise Bridal on Bridge Street, Belper in May 2015. The bridal boutique is owned and ran by myself, Michelle, with the support of my loving husband and beautiful little boy.
We recently employed a new member of staff Cat, who was an Allison Louise Bride in December 2016! The moment I met Cat I knew she would be a perfect fit, as she is as caring and passionate about our brides as I am.
At Allison Louise Bridal, we are focused on providing a professional and affordable service with the highest levels of customer satisfaction & we will do everything we can to meet your expectations. With a variety of Wedding and Bridesmaids dresses to choose from that have been carefully selected from our amazing designers, we hope you will be happy to visit us to help you find your perfect wedding dress for your special day.
Our wedding dress designers include Eddy K Bridal, Beautiful by Enzoani, Venus Bridal, Cosmobella by Demetrios and Verise Bridal.
What makes your business different?
At Allison Louise Bridal we pride ourselves on provided a first class service to all of our brides and their families’ and strive to ensure excellent customer satisfaction.
We are friendly and honest and ensure we go above in beyond in helping you find your perfect Wedding and bridesmaids dresses and we can even offer flexible payment plans to help spread costs.
We are members of the APBR insurance group so when you buy a Wedding dress from us you will receive our completely free complimentary wedding attire insurance, for up to £1000 worth of cover for your wedding dress
What do you love most about weddings?
We absolutely love weddings and we are always excited to hear what our brides have planned. Ladies will come to us at all stages of their planning so we love bouncing ideas around with them, finding a wedding dress which will perfectly match their special day and helping out with colour schemes. Watching the whole thing come together from a few ideas jotted down in a planner right up to the final touches on the day is what makes things truly special.
For us, there is nothing like that special moment when a bride finds her perfect dress, the happiness, the tears, the laughter and the joy during her appointment and the big thank you hugs we receive from the whole bridal party. We then enjoy every appointment with the bride leading up to her special day, from dress fittings to carefully selecting the perfect accessories to complete her wedding day look. After their special day, we are always excited to receive beautiful wedding day pictures!
Any tip for brides looking into your type of service?
Our top tips for finding your perfect wedding dress:
- Do some research – Have a look at dress styles you like, look at the websites of your local boutiques and book to visit a few of your favourites based on the dresses they stock and their approach to helping you find your perfect dress
- Be selective in who attends your appointments – Having too many opinions at your appointments can sometimes be a little overwhelming. Think carefully about who you want to help you with your decision making, be sure to invite people that know you and your style and who are honest and patient. Too many people could cloud your judgement and steer you away from what you really want.
- Wear the correct underwear – For your appointments you should ensure you have good supportive underwear, something similar to what you will be wearing on your day. Remember a good bra and knicker set will make all the difference. Don’t feel tempted to just dig out your old undies where the elastic has gone. Stick to neutral colours if possible.
- Be honest – Your bridal consultant is on hand to ensure you find your perfect wedding dress, so be honest with them. If they ask you questions regarding your likes and dislikes, size and shape, budget, etc. tell them the truth. We can only work with what you tell us. We don’t ask these questions just to be nosey, we are asking to ensure we get your perfect dress just for you.
- Keep an open mind – You have probably heard lots of friends telling you about their wedding shopping experience and how they never thought they would have picked the dress that they did. Wedding dresses look different on the hanger to what they do on you, so keep an open mind and try on things you wouldn’t usually to get an idea of your likes and dislikes, you might be pleasantly surprised. Listen to the advice your consultant gives you, they know more about wedding dresses than anyone else in the room
- Have fun! – This is one of the most exciting things you will ever do, so enjoy it. Take your time, don’t put pressure on yourself, bring your closest friends and family and have a good time. Remember, you might not find your perfect wedding dress straight away so don’t be disheartened if you don’t, it just means your dress is waiting for you somewhere else!
Are there any special offers available for the wedding show?
Yes, we have an amazing offer at the show. If you visit our stand and book an appointment you will receive a voucher for £100 off any wedding dress order!!
Business: Name: Allison Louise Bridal
Name: Michelle Allison